[linux-sunxi] rtl8188eu driver and hostapd
Ishraq Ibne Ashraf
2017-11-14 10:24:44 UTC

In our system we use the hostapd release version 2.6 from,
https://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/snapshot/hostap_2_6.tar.bz2.
Everything works fine with the kernel and rtl8188eu driver from *sunxi-next*
branch with repo state, *3c2993b8c6143d8a5793746a54eba8f86f95240f (Linux
4.12-rc4)*.
But doesn't work with repo state, *569dbb88e80deb68974ef6fdd6a13edb9d686261
(Linux 4.13)*.

Both the hostapd configuration and the debug output from hostapd are
attached with this post.

When the problem occurs hostapd outputs, *ioctl[RTL_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]:
Operation not supported*.
Maybe there was some changes in the IOCTL interface of the driver/kernel?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.
Julian Calaby
2017-11-14 10:28:15 UTC
Hi Ishraq,

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:24 PM, Ishraq Ibne Ashraf
Post by Ishraq Ibne Ashraf
Hi,
In our system we use the hostapd release version 2.6 from,
https://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/snapshot/hostap_2_6.tar.bz2.
Everything works fine with the kernel and rtl8188eu driver from sunxi-next
branch with repo state, 3c2993b8c6143d8a5793746a54eba8f86f95240f (Linux
4.12-rc4).
But doesn't work with repo state, 569dbb88e80deb68974ef6fdd6a13edb9d686261
(Linux 4.13).
Both the hostapd configuration and the debug output from hostapd are
attached with this post.
When the problem occurs hostapd outputs, ioctl[RTL_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: Operation
not supported.
Maybe there was some changes in the IOCTL interface of the driver/kernel?
Any help is appreciated.
This list is about Allwinner SoCs and the boards they are on, your
question appears to be WiFi related, so you'll be more likely to get a
useful answer on the linux-wireless list, which I've added to CC.

Thanks,
--
Julian Calaby

Email: ***@gmail.com